Financial Client: Automated Data Collection
American Multinational Investment Bank and Financial Services Company Improved Decision Making and ROI with Automated Data Collection and Improved Analytics for Compliance Metrics.
- Our Impact
The BPM engine and analytics solution for global compliance metrics reduced the time needed to collect data and produce reports from weeks to days. The solution resulted in 75% reduction in time to produce reports, 90% improvement in productivity and 3-fold more frequent reporting and enhance the decision making.
- 2weeks reduced the time needed to collect data and produce reports
- 75%reduction in time to produce reports
- 90%improvement in productivity
- 3xmore frequent reporting and enhance the decision making
- Business Challenge
For years, this financial service company’s global compliance group struggled to manually collect data from multiple sources such as Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and other report summaries. The lengthy compliance reports they needed to generate took weeks to compile, and with so many manual steps involved, accuracy was less than optimal; often, reports had to be re-run due to errors.
- Solution Highlights
The company engaged Infomatics to implement a BPM and Analytics solution to automatically collect data from source systems into a data mart and analyze compliance metrics. The solution eliminated the need to copy charts into Word and add associated verbiage.
- The Process
- Perform Assessment and create the data collection and business process automation strategy.
- Implementation of annotation manager tool, centralized data mart and analytics functions
- Streamlining the report generation based on user roles and permissions
- Agile scrum-based development and releases to the business users
- Our Team
Infomatics team created the business process orchestration engine and a central data warehouse for all global compliance metrics, reducing the time needed to collect data and produce reports from weeks to hours.
- Program management for the end to end implementation.
- Business analysis, architecture, development and quality assurance for the solution.
- Tools & Technologies
Infomatics leveraged its expertise with the IBM BPM and Business Analytics Software Development Kit and IBM DB2 for AIX data server to implement the solution.