Healthcare Client: DevOps & Agile
US Healthcare Payer Improves Service Quality and Saves $2M by leveraging Agile & DevOps
- Our Impact
The Infomatics Agile and DevOps solution enhanced agility by reducing release cycle time from 12 weeks to 3-4 weeks (for 2 LoBs), optimized cost, and improved service quality and reliability by 25%, achieving savings of US $2M.
- 8weeks reduced release cycle time (from 12 weeks to 3-4 weeks)
- 25%improved service quality and reliability
- $2MUS savings
- Business Challenge
A leading US healthcare payer with a large IT structure wanted to adopt agile and DevOps practices to gain true business value through faster feature releases, better service quality and cost optimization.
- Solution Highlights
Infomatics leveraged Agile transformation approach to deliver a solution that transformed the process and technology approach that consisted of:
- The Process
- Agile & DevOps Maturity Assessment and Transformation Roadmap creation
- Implementation of Scrum & Kanban practices, leveraging our Agile transformation framework
- Streamlining change & release management process, using lean Agile practices
- Defining and implementing guiding principles for service management activities
- Our Team
- Large scale enablement of IT staff on Agile & DevOps through focused training sessions on Agile practices & DevOps tooling
- Dedicated Agile coaching for teams across lines of businesses (LoBs), including key business stakeholders
- Facilitating re-organization of project teams into ‘Agile Pods’, bringing about greater collaboration across different functional groups
- Tools & Technologies
- Orchestration of various DevOps practices (like build automation, continuous integration, QA automation, release, deployment automation) using a variety of tools and establishing the CI/CD pipelines for different technologies.
Application Teams across various technologies – Pega, Java, .net, Mainframe, Big Data and few niche COTs products, got enabled on the Agile & DevOps ways of working